DONEGAL County Council is calling for expressions of interest in relation to the new Ailt an Chorráin Enterprise Building.
Ailt an Chorráin Harbour Redevelopment is being funded by Donegal County Council and the Department of Rural and Community Development under the Rural Regeneration and Development Fund.
Phase one of the redevelopment is presently under construction and will address vacancy and dereliction and deliver a new multi-user harbour environment with a new road regime, enhanced public realm and improved parking facilities.
Phase two includes the construction of a new harbour users building and enterprise building. This call for expressions of interest specifically concerns the new enterprise building.
The enterprise building is being developed to provide opportunities for employment and entrepreneurship. Key features include:
- Total floor area – 271 m² (2917 sq. ft);
- Building can be sub-divided into a number of units;
- Kitchenette, toilets and storage areas to be provided;
- Current status – detailed designs for the layout of the building are being prepared by the project architect (EOI’s received will feed into the design process);
- Estimated building completion date – Q1 2024.
- creation of employment opportunities;
- stimulation of entrepreneurship to support economic development thereby strengthening the sustainability of the rural community in the area;
- attraction of increased footfall to the harbour area;
- avoidance of any displacement.
Expression of interest proposals must demonstrate how the objectives for the Ailt an Chorráin Enterprise Building will be met and must be submitted by 4pm on Friday September 23.
For an EOI application form and further information go to: www.donegalcoco.ie