The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been informed that a total of 7 people with COVID-19 have died.
There have now been a total 1,670* COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Thursday 4 June the HPSC has been notified of 28 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 25,163** confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Not alone has Donegal not had any cases now in 15 days, but they’re just had five cases de-classified. There had been 477 cases, now it’s 472.
Today, Government confirmed Ireland’s progression into Phase Two of Ireland’s Roadmap for Reopening Society & Business will proceed on Monday 8 June 2020.
Dr. Tony Holohan, Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health, said; “As we move to Phase Two, the Government has introduced a range of new measures in line with the advice from the National Public Health Emergency Team.
“It is our individual behaviours and personal choices that will ultimately influence what course this disease takes over the coming weeks and months.”
Dr Ronan Glynn, Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health said; “The reopening of playgrounds in public locations and outdoor amenities including zoos, animal parks and summer camps, as well as the summer education programme for children with special educational needs, are some of the measures that is hoped will ease the severity of this pandemic on children and their families.”
Dr. Colm Henry, Chief Clinical Officer, HSE, said; “Phase Two provides vulnerable groups scope for home visits of up to 6 people for a short period of time, however it is vitally important that all visits to homes of vulnerable people be compliant with hand hygiene practices, respiratory etiquette and physical distancing of 2 metres. It is hoped as we move through phases, that life becomes easier for severely impacted groups but that their safety is maintained at all times.”