Local Business Awards Launched
The Donegal News and Letterkenny Chamber of Commerce are delighted to launch the 2019 Letterkenny Business Awards and announce the principle sponsorship of Belfast International Airport.
The launch venue was the Century Cinema Complex, Letterkenny, a fitting spot as previous Business Person of the Year award winner, owner Mark Doherty addressed attendees and spoke of the benefit of entering the awards.
The Awards aim to celebrate local business dedication, commitment and success and in particular those who show initiative, business acumen and a great determination to grow the local economy.
Deborah Harris, PR & Marketing Manager, Belfast International Airport said; “When Belfast International Airport was asked to get involved in sponsoring the awards, we said ‘yes’ without any hesitation. Around 300,000 passengers from Letterkenny and the surrounding areas use Belfast International Airport as their ‘gateway’ to markets; to overseas holidays and to visit friends and family. We were delighted to partner with the Chamber and Donegal News for these awards and I know that with the people who have been busy putting it all together in the background, it will be an outstanding success.”
Businesses can now enter or nominate individuals for any of the fifteen awards on offer and recipients will be announced at the Gala Awards Night in the Clanree Hotel on Friday 8th November 2019. By entering you can raise your profile, prove your excellence, acknowledge your team efforts and impress partners and clients. The full list of awards is detailed in the box on this page.
LETTERKENNY CHAMBER & DONEGAL NEWS PARTNERSHIP
With the past seven years being such a huge success for the joint Letterkenny Chamber and Donegal News awards, Leonard Watson, Letterkenny Chamber of Commerce President paid recognition to the standing of the awards within the local community:
“We are delighted once again this year to be launching our business awards with the Donegal News. We have added to the number and diversity of awards and are delighted to have new sponsors and partners involved. This will once again be a celebration of the achievements of the Letterkenny and Donegal Business Community. Our gala awards night has become a highly significant business event and this year we anticipate an even higher level of interest. Once again Letterkenny Chamber and the Donegal News are extremely grateful to our sponsors for supporting another successful awards initiative.”
Highlighting the benefits of the Awards, Columba Gill, Donegal News editor, stated “this is a great opportunity for Letterkenny businesses to enter a local awards initiative that will recognise and reward, success, talent and all that’s good about business in the area. The Donegal News team is delighted to be partnering with Letterkenny Chamber to run the Business Awards, guaranteeing coverage of the event and profiling of shortlisted entries.”
With the awards launched, individuals and businesses are invited to enter via the ‘ENTER’ tab (located across the top of this page if viewing on desktop or by clicking the mobile menu in the top left corner of your smart phone). After the closing date, 6th August, the judging panel will then shortlist each category with guaranteed free publicity for the entrants in advance of the gala awards night and also at the big night itself. Self and third-party nominations are welcome for all award categories.
- Embracing Cross Border Trade, sponsored by Belfast International Airport
- Retailer of the Year Award, sponsored by Dillon’s Hotel
- Business Excellence Award, sponsored by Highland Radio
- Best Innovation & Creativity Award, sponsored by LYIT/CoLab
- Best Start Up Business Award, sponsored by AIB
- Excellence in Marketing Award, sponsored by Champions Travel
- Professional Services Award, sponsored by Bank of Ireland
- Growth through Export Award, sponsored by Enterprise Ireland
- Excellence in Customer Service Award, sponsored by FM Services
- Best Community Health & Well Being Initiative – Helping People live healthier lives
- Female Achiever Award, sponsored by Ulster Bank
- Employee of the Year, sponsored by Boyd HR
- Best Tourism Initiative, sponsored by Century Cinema Complex
- Hall of Fame Award, sponsored by City of Derry Airport
- Business Person of the Year Award, sponsored by Donegal County Council