SUCCESS FOR LETTERKENNY’S BUSINESS COMMUNITY
THE local trade and industry community gathered en masse last Friday night at the Silver Tassie Hotel for this year’s Letterkenny Business Awards.
Celebrating the locality’s abundance of business talent and its entrepreneurial spirit, the gala event was the culmination of seven months’ worth of nominations, short-listings and voting. At last, the winners of the fifteen prestigious categories were announced with David Gildea of CloudRanger scooping the coveted Business Person of the Year Award.
Organised jointly by the Donegal News and Letterkenny Chamber of Commerce, the glamorous event was in partnership with InterTradeIreland and associate sponsor Foyle Port. Compère for the evening was local man Keith Fletcher with guest speakers, Grant Gilmore, Brexit Manager at InterTradeIreland, Brain McGrath, Chief Executive at Foyle Port, Columba Gill, Editor of the Donegal News and Leonard Watson, President of Letterkenny Chamber of Commerce.
The Gala ceremony was a fitting finale for the Business Awards that launched back in May when businesses and individuals were asked to nominate themselves or others. The awards process also included a judging panel, secret shoppers and a huge amount of in-paper and online publicity for all nominees shortlisted.
Demand for tickets was unprecedented as supporters turned out to back the nominees in search for glory and what a night it was with gongs handed out to all the winners and finalists.
THE AWARDS & WINNERS
- Embracing Cross Border Trade, in partnership with InterTradeIreland WINNER: PJ Designs
- Retailer of the Year Award, sponsored by Dillon’s Hotel WINNER: Foy & Company
- Business Excellence Award, sponsored by Highland Radio WINNER: Champions Travel
- Best Innovation & Creativity Award, sponsored by LYIT/CoLab WINNER: North West Aluminium
- Best Start Up Business Award, sponsored by AIB WINNER: Doengal Commercial Vehicles
- Excellence in Marketing Award, sponsored by Champions Travel WINNER: Watson Hire
- Professional Services Award, sponsored by Bank of Ireland WINNER: JT Physiotherapy
- Growth through Export Award, sponsored by Enterprise Ireland WINNER: SeaQuest Systems
- Excellence in Customer Service Award, sponsored by FM Services WINNER: Kelly’s Diner
- Best Community Health & Well Being Initiative – Helping People live healthier lives WINNER: Ray Community Group
- Female Achiever Award, sponsored by Ulster Bank WINNER: Sarah Marie McDevitt (Pinehill Studios)
- Employee of the Year, sponsored by Boyd HR WINNER: Sara Zacaris, Kelly’s Diner
- Best Tourism Initiative, sponsored by Century Cinema Complex WINNER: Off the Streat Food Fest LK
- Hall of Fame Award, sponsored by City of Derry Airport RECIPIENT: Paul Reynolds, Property Partners
- Business Person of the Year Award, sponsored by Donegal County Council WINNER: David Gildea, CloudRanger
With the entry stage and shortlisting process completed readers, customers and general public are invited to support their favourite nominees by voting online. The nominees will be profiled on a weekly basis.Click through to the VOTE section above for more info.
For further information on any of the above please contact Toni Forrester, Letterkenny Chamber on 074 9124866 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.