LOCAL BUSINESS AWARDS LAUNCHED
The Donegal News and Letterkenny Chamber of Commerce are delighted to launch the refreshed 2018 Letterkenny Business Awards in partnership with InterTradeIreland and associate sponsors Foyle Port.
The Awards aim to celebrate local business dedication, commitment and success and in particular those who show initiative, business acumen and a great determination to grow the local economy.
Aidan Gough, Designated Officer and Director of Strategy & Policy at InterTradeIreland, said “We’re very pleased to be a partner for this event. We know how resilient, flexible and innovative businesses in Donegal are. It’s especially important for SMEs in border counties to start thinking about the impact of Brexit. InterTradeIreland is committed to offering firms practical support to start preparing for the different scenarios that might emerge.”
Bill McCann, Harbour Master at Foyle Port said: As part of the vibrant business community in the North West we are keen to support these awards to allow those businesses and leaders who have achieved some great things over the past year to gain the recognition they deserve. We look forward to being part of the special evening later in the year.
This year the Letterkenny Chamber and Donegal News are delighted to announce a refreshed list of potential award categories. Businesses can now enter or nominate individuals for any of the fourteen awards on offer and recipients will be announced at the Gala Awards Night in the Silver Tassie Hotel on Friday 16th November 2018. By entering you can raise your profile, prove your excellence, acknowledge your team efforts and impress partners and clients. The full list of awards is detailed in the box on this page.
- Retailer of the Year Award, sponsored by Dillon’s Hotel
- Business Excellence Award, sponsored by Highland Radio
- Best Innovation & Creativity Award, sponsored by LYIT/CoLab
- Best Start Up Business Award, sponsored by AIB
- Excellence in Marketing Award, sponsored by Champions Travel
- Professional Services Award, sponsored by Bank of Ireland
- Growth through Export Award, sponsored by Enterprise Ireland
- Excellence in Customer Service Award, sponsored by FM Services
- Best Community Health & Well Being Initiative – Helping People live healthier lives, sponsored by Optum
- Female Achiever Award, sponsored by Ulster Bank
- Employee of the Year, sponsored by Boyd HR
- Best Tourism Initiative, sponsored by Century Cinema Complex
- Hall of Fame Award, sponsored by City of Derry Airport
- Business Person of the Year Award, sponsored by Donegal County Council
With the awards launched, individuals and businesses are invited to enter by clicking on Enter above.
After the closing date, 10th August, the judging panel will then shortlist each category with guaranteed free publicity for the entrants in advance of the gala awards night and also at the big night itself. Self and third-party nominations are welcome for all award categories.
For further information on any of the above please contact Toni Forrester, Letterkenny Chamber on 074 9124866 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
€2,000 OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
The Donegal News and Letterkenny Chamber are delighted to co-host a Brexit Briefing with InterTradeIreland in The Clanree Hotel in Letterkenny on June 26th. SMEs will learn about financial supports worth up to €2,000 to help them unpick the implications of Brexit for their business. For an event timetable click here. This concise event will feature industry experts, offer practical advice and run from 8am – 10am. For more information or to book a free place contact Letterkenny Chamber by email, email@example.com or call 074 9124866.