Advertisement

Man died after television caught fire in Raphoe

THE man who died in Raphoe in a house fire has been named locally as Wilson McGirr, a well known farmer in the area.

It is believed Mr McGirr’s television caught fire on Monday night and fearing the fire would spread he managed to get the TV set outside.

After getting the attention of neighbours however, it is understood Mr McGirr suffered heart complications.

Advertisement

Gardai, an ambulance and the Fire Service attended the scene. Mr McGirr was taken to Letterkenny University Hospital but sadly passed away this morning.

The funeral service is due to take place on Friday in Raphoe Presbyterian Church at 2.30pm and burial will take place afterwards at Ballylennon Presbyterian Church.

 

A MAN who was involved in a house fire in Raphoe on Monday night passed away in Letterkenny University...

A UNIT of the Donegal Fire Service was called to a house close to Raphoe this morning after an...

  A €1.2million historic, country house in Donegal is believed to have been destroyed in an overnight blaze.  Donaghmore House,...

Top
Advertisement

Donegal News is published by North West of Ireland Printing & Publishing Company Limited, trading as North-West News Group.
Registered in Northern Ireland, No. R0000576. St. Anne's Court, Letterkenny, County Donegal, Ireland