Advertisement

Jason Quigley’s next opponent to be revealed tonight

Jason Quigley in action against Fernando Najera last August in Carson.

Jason Quigley in action against Fernando Najera last August in Carson.

BY CHRIS MCNULTY

JASON Quigley’s opponent for his next professional bout will be confirmed tonight in Los Angeles.

Advertisement

The Finn Valley star is set to feature in a Foxsport 1 broadcaster bill topping fight when he takes to the canvas at the Belasco Theatre on March 6.

At a press conference tonight in LA, Golden Boy Promotions chief Oscar De La Hoya will unveil details of Quigley’s contest. The bill will be topped by Joseph ‘Jo Jo’ Daz Jr, a 2012 US Olympian. The undefeated super-bantamweight prospect will be joined by Quigley at the announcement.

So far, Quigley has won three out of three, winning his opening three fights all inside the distance.

Having beaten Howard Reece at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas last July in 82 seconds, he then defeated Mexican Fernando Najera at The StubHub Center, Carson in August before needing just 2 minutes 39 seconds to put an end to Greg McCoy’s challenge in Plymouth, Maasachusetts in October.

With a bill topping bout imminent next month, Quigley’s rise through the ranks is already clear, Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions keen for the former amateur ace to keep making waves.

“The momentum being built by Irish hitter Jason Quigley can’t be denied,” said his management company, Sheer Sports said.  “Everything is going according to plan.”

Brendan Ingle's funeral takes place in Sheffield today.

The 15-year-old Errigal College third year student landed five winners on what was the opening day of the North...

Top
Advertisement

Donegal News is published by North West of Ireland Printing & Publishing Company Limited, trading as North-West News Group.
Registered in Northern Ireland, No. R0000576. St. Anne's Court, Letterkenny, County Donegal, Ireland