BY CHRIS MCNULTY
DERMOT Molloy has withdrawn from the Donegal senior football panel.
Molloy’s last game for Donegal was the McKenna Cup win over Fermanagh in Ballyshannon where he came off the bench in the second half to make his 50th appearance for the county, having informed Rory Gallagher of his decision earlier this week.
However, Molloy has become frustrated with a lack of regular game time having not started a Championship match since the win over Antrim in May 2011.
“At the start of this year, I found the road very hard to go down and the hunger was out of me,” he told the Donegal News.
“I’ll go back to the club and try to find the spark again.”
Molloy was given his Donegal senior debut by John Joe Doherty in 2010 and he scored 1-3 against Down. A regular in Jim McGuinness’s early days in the 2011 National League, Molloy found it difficult to nail down a regular berth thereafter.
He said: “It’s very hard when you’re only getting 10 or 15 minutes to really go out and enjoy it. I didn’t see that changing this year. I don’t think there was going to be the opportunity to get 70 minutes week-in, week-out.”
The Maas Inn, on the main Glenties to Dungloe road, was razed to the ground last Saturday morning to...
The house, complete with its stone-slate roof, sitting less than forty metres back in from the road dominated the...