Advertisement

Lucky escape as snowman catches fire in Letterkenny

Hillary Russell surveys the damage to her home yesterday.

Hillary Russell surveys the damage to her home yesterday.

BY CATHERINE COOK
A LETTERKENNY woman who had a lucky escape after fire engulfed her home spoke to the Donegal News yesterday.

Hillary Russell was at her home in the Mountain Top area when a fire took hold in her conservatory on Wednesday night. Speaking yesterday she said she believes a fibre optic snowman could have been the article that sparked the blaze.

Advertisement

Mrs Russell explained that she was at home on her own on Wednesday night when she smelled smoke shortly after 9pm.

“The first thing I found was the smell and I couldn’t figure out where it was coming from and I got up and looked into the glass door of the conservatory and the whole thing was ablaze.

“Everything was up and the smoke was terrible. I was here on my own and the fire brigade landed then.”

Read the full story in today’s Donegal News.

John never received any medals or awards for his contribution to sport but he received many testimonials from people...

Derek Walker & Christopher Molloy pictured with Kieran Duey of Nancy’s Barn Ballyliffin & newly crowned World seafood chowder...

RESIDENTS were left terrified and in a state of shock following an explosion that happened in the Glencar area...

Top
Advertisement

Donegal News is published by North West of Ireland Printing & Publishing Company Limited, trading as North-West News Group.
Registered in Northern Ireland, No. R0000576. St. Anne's Court, Letterkenny, County Donegal, Ireland