THE local trade and industry community gathered en masse last Friday night for this year’s Letterkenny Business Awards.
Celebrating the locality’s abundance of business talent and its entrepreneurial spirit, the gala event was the culmination of three month’s worth of nominations, short-listings and voting.
The winners of the nine prestigious categories were announced with Mary & Pat Bradley (above) of Pat’s Pizza and Pat’s on the Square scooping the coveted Business Person of the Year award. (See below for full details of winners).
The Joint Hall of Fame winner was Noel and Mary Sweeney of the Swilly Group.
Organised jointly by the Donegal News and Letterkenny Chamber of Commerce, the glamorous event was compered by local man Keith Fletcher with guest speakers, Councillor Michael McBride, mayor of Letterkenny Municipal District. Columba Gill, editor of the Donegal News and Gerard Grant, president of Letterkenny Chamber of Commerce.
See Monday’s Donegal News for coverage of the event and Friday’s Donegal News for a special 16 page supplement with pictures, reports and interviews from the night.
The winners were:
– Best Innovation Award, sponsored by North West Regional Science Park. WINNER: Larissa Feeney & Co. Highly commended recipients: SITA & Uppiddee;
– Community Enterprise Award, sponsored by Pramerica. WINNER: Craoibhin Community & Enterprise Centre. Highly commended recipients: Premier Business Services & Letterkenny CDP;
– Best Start Up Award, sponsored by AIB. WINNER: Fit Hub Ireland. Highly commended recipients: JT Physiotherapy & Sculpt Cosmetics;
– Business Excellence Award, sponsored by Radisson Blu Hotel. WINNER: Stateside American Restaurant. Highly commended recipients: Pat’s Pizza/Pat’s on the Square & Larissa Feeney & Co;
– Retailer of the Year Award, sponsored by Dillon’s Hotel. WINNER: Brian McCormick Sports & Leisure. Highly commended recipients: Greenes Shoes & Patrick Gildea Hairdressing;
– Excellence in Marketing Award, sponsored by Highland Radio. WINNER: Greenes Shoes. Highly commended recipients: Station House Hotel & Wild Atlantic Camp;
– Growth through Export Award, sponsored by Enterprise Ireland. WINNER: Arklu. Highly commended recipients: Gartan Technologies & Moll Industries Ireland;
– Hall of Fame Award, sponsored by Letterkenny Chamber of Commerce and the Donegal News. JOINT RECIPIENTS: Noel & Mary Sweeney of The Swilly Group;
– Business Person of the Year, sponsored by City of Derry Airport. JOINT WINNERS: Mary & Pat Bradley of Pat’s Pizza & Pat’s on the Square. Highly commended recipients: Mark Bundschu & Kevin Ward.