Advertisement

Man charged with sexual offences in Donegal and Dublin to appear before Criminal Court again in two months

Central-Criminal-Court1-460x306

A MAN charged with 50 counts of sexual offences against two young girls in Donegal and Dublin will appear again before Dublin Circuit Criminal Court in two months.
The 51-year-old man, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, was sent forward from the District Court earlier this year in relation to the offences that are alleged to have happened on dates between 2007 and 2011 at locations in Dublin and Donegal.
The charges sent forward include 40 counts of child exploitation by inviting, inducing or coercing the alleged victim to engage in or participate in a sexual, indecent or obscene act. This includes engaging in the production of child pornography.
There are three counts of alleged sexual assault and seven of defilement of a child under the age of 17.
On Wednesday Shane Costelloe SC, prosecuting, said the Director of Public Prosecutions is still trying to obtain records related to some of the injured parties and it will take another four to six weeks to obtain all the relevant documents.
Defending barrister, Ms Sarah Jane O’Callaghan (BL), told the court the defence received a large amount of disclosure last month. She asked for another arraignment date.
Judge Mary Ellen Ring set a new arraignment date of 9 December when it is expected the man will indicate how he will plead.

Top
Advertisement

Donegal News is published by North West of Ireland Printing & Publishing Company Limited, trading as North-West News Group.
Registered in Northern Ireland, No. R0000576. St. Anne's Court, Letterkenny, County Donegal, Ireland