THE trial of a Buncrana man charged with dangerous driving causing the deaths of eight people will finally go ahead next Tuesday.
Shaun Kelly (24), of Hill Road in the town, was present at Letterkenny Circuit Court yesterday to face the charges.
He is charged with dangerous driving causing the deaths of eight men in a crash near Clonmany in July 2010.
State barrister, Ms Patricia McLoughlin, told Judge Matthew Deery that the trial was ready to go ahead and asked for the services of a German interpreter to assist one expert witness.
Defence barrister, Mr Peter Nolan, said he expected the trial to last “up to two weeks.”
At the end of January, the court was told that the prosecution had been given a psychological report on Mr Kelly and his barrister, Mr Peter Nolan, raised the issue of his fitness to stand trial.
At another court appearance back in April, Judge Keenan Johnson said the case had been “dragging on too long.”
The inquest into the death of Sean McGrotty, who died in the Buncrana pier tragedy last year, has...
The N14 road near Lifford has been closed following a two-vehicle crash. There are heavy traffic delays at Tullyrap,...