BY CATHERINE COOK
A CANCER patient who was told this week that he can no longer be treated for an excruciating condition has hit-out strongly at the government and has called on people to speak out against what he says is a continued attack on the people of Donegal.
Forty-year-old Thomas Keaveney from Milltown, Convoy, attended a scheduled appointment at the pain relief clinic at St Vincent’s Hospital in Dublin on Tuesday.
He was hoping that he would be given a procedure which is the only thing that provides relief from a painful condition in his neck.
Instead, he was told that he would no longer be able to receive treatment due to financial cutbacks and the fact he lived in Donegal which was ‘outside the catchment area’.
He spoke to the Donegal News on Wednesday, and was reeling from the devastating news he had been dealt. Mr Keaveney said it is now time that the government was held accountable for the impact their decisions are having on ordinary people.